Data technologies are rapidly evolving. We hear about the latest trends without necessarily understanding all of the contexts within which they fit. The fact is that many of us are too busy working with what we have to understand all of the ins-and-outs of the cutting edge.
This seminar will provide the knowledge and context to help you create the data architecture you'll need to deal with new requirements such as Big Data, IoT, APIs, and the Cloud. If you want to know more about columnar storage and massively parallel processing for relational SQL databases, JSON documents for NoSQL and APIs, or microservices and other cloud-based data technologies, this session is for you!
This session will be most useful for those that are technically-inclined, though there are no specific prerequisites. Highlights include:
- Overview of data topics that you might need to "catch-up" your understanding
- How lessons learned from the application side of the house are informing the data side
- The benefits of highly-aligned, loosely-coupled data processing mechanisms
- How JSON is the one information sharing mechanism EVERYONE needs to understand
- Which technologies are most applicable to common use cases, and where the crossovers are between them
Anthony J. Algmin is the Founder of Algmin Data Leadership, a company helping business and technology leaders transform their future with data. With decades of experience in business and hands-on technology roles, Anthony brings better data management to organizations of all kinds. He has led data change initiatives in many industries, serving as a project manager, data architect, and Chief Data Officer.
A popular speaker and advocate for Data Leadership, Anthony makes frequent appearances at conferences and other events. He has a bachelor’s degree from Illinois Wesleyan University and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management. Anthony lives with his wife and three children in suburban Chicago.